The latest 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware update is released for Galaxy Note 4 N10F. Today I will show you how you can Update Galaxy Note 4 N910F to 5.1.1 Lollipop N910FXXU1COJ3 Stock Firmware. This is the most recent update available for Note 4 N910F model. Android Marshmallow will definitely release but no one knows when. So, at the moment you can only officially update your Note 4 to 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. The firmware here has the build no N910FXXU1COJ3. The update comes with a lot of performance and system improvements. The overall response is improved. The guide to manually update Galaxy Note 4 N910F to 5.1.1 Lollipop Stock firmware is given below.
Many users got the OTA update of latest lollipop firmware but all the others didn’t get it via OTA. You can install the 5.1.1 Lollipop N910FXXU1COJ3 Stock Firmware on your phone manually through this guide. I will make the process as easy as I can but it is recommended for advance users only.
5.1.1 Lollipop N910FXXU1COJ3 Stock Firmware for Galaxy Note 4 N910F
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910F has received the most recent update of 5.1.1 lollipop update. As the update is new so there are many improvements in performance, battery life and overall system UI. All those who didn’t get this update till now through OTA can follow this guide to manually Update Galaxy Note 4 N910F to 5.1.1 Lollipop N910FXXU1COJ3 Stock Firmware. The complete process to update your phone to the newest Lollipop is given below. Odin is used which is Samsung’s official tool for installing update files on its Android Phones.
Let’s proceed to the tutorial. Before proceeding read the disclaimer and necessary instructions.
Device: Galaxy Note 4 N910F
Android Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
Build Date: October 14, 2015
Product Code: AMO
- The below guide is valid only for Galaxy Note 4 which has Model No SM-N910F. It should not be done any other model. You should not do the process if you are new to this. Remember that Idroidgeek.com will not be held responsible for any harm that occurs to your phone during or after the process. The firmware here if official so, you will lose root after updating your phone but you device’s warranty will not void, Thanks
- You should confirm the model-no of your phone by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Model No. If it is SM-N910F then proceed.
- Backup you important data like contacts, messages and pictures/videos because you may loose your data if you need to factory reset your device.
- Charge your Galaxy Note 4 up to 70% to minimize the battery power issues.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB Drivers installed.
Download the required files below.
5.1.1 Lollipop N910FXXU1COJ3 for Galaxy Note 4 N910F
Samsung USB Drivers
Note: For downloading the firmware free you have to register on sammobile.
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 4 N910F to 5.1.1 Lollipop N910FXXU1COJ3 Stock Firmware
- Download the lollipop firmware from the above link and extract it to get the tar.md5 file format.
- Now download the Odin flash tool and extract it also.
- Activate the developer options on your phone by going to the Settings>>About Phone, scroll down to Build No and tap on it seven times. This will activate developer options on your phone.
- Now go back and open developer options, scroll down to USB Debugging Mode and enable it.
- After that, turn off the phone.
- While your phone is turned off press and hold Home+Volume Down+Power button for few seconds to enter into download mode. Release the buttons when a warning screen appears. Press the volume up button from the warning screen to enter into download mode.
- Now run Odin v3.09 on your PC or Laptop.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 4 to the computer. The ID:COM box in Odin will change to blue color now, this means that your device is added to Odin and connected successfully.
- Click on AP button in Odin and choose the extracted lollipop firmware which is in tar.md5 format.
- Ensure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are enabled.
- Check the whole procedure again and finally click on the Start button to begin the process. The Odin will start flashing the firmware now.
- Wait for some time till the process completes. After the completion a PASS message will appear on the Odin’s screen. Your device will automatically restart now.
- Disconnect the cable the cable when your Galaxy Note 4 restarts and wait for the home screen to appear. At first start-up your device will take sometime to show up the home screen. So, have patience and enjoy when your device fully reboots.
Note: If Odin stops at any point then unplug the Data Cable, connect it again and do the whole procedure again.
So this was our tutorial to Update Galaxy Note 4 N910F to 5.1.1 Lollipop N910FXXU1COJ3 Stock Firmware. Hope you like it and updated your Galaxy Note 4 to the latest 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware successfully. Any questions can be asked in the comments section below.
Fix if Phone Stops at Boot Screen
If your phone is stopped at boot screen or Samsung animation then you can solve this by doing factory data reset from the recovery menu. Follow the steps below to solve the problem.
- While your phone is in boot screen, press and hold the Home+Volume Up+Power button and release when the recovery menu appears.
- Scroll down to wipe cache partition by volume down button. Select this option by power button and confirm the task.
- After that scroll down to wipe data/factory reset option, select it and confirm.
- Now select the reboot system now option to restart the phone. Your device will now reboot perfectly.
This problem is common and occurs very often but it will be solved by doing the above process.
Our tutorial ends here and now time to go,! Bye. Please like share and subscribe.